1. Safety Quiz 100 Points
2. Engineering & Design Process 100 Points (load bearing towers)
Design Process – link
Follow the design process steps to create a load bearing tower. Your guidelines are as follows.
- Tower must use all materials.
- Tower must be at least 6 inches tall.
- You will receive 50 coffee stirrers
- You will receive 8 lengths of balsa that are 2 feet long each.
- You may only use glue as a fastener.
- Towers will be begun Monday.
- By Monday you must have the first 6 steps done and saved. Mr. Kipling will need to see your research, ideas, brainstorms, decided tower design.
- All your finished design needs to be to scale and prepared for creation on a piece of graph paper before you receive your materials.
3. Architectural Drafting Assignments 200 Points
- Drafting Procedures (25 pts)
- Architectural Symbols (25 pts.)
- The Architecture’s Scale (25 pts.)
- Architectural Line Work (25 pts.)
- Architectural Lettering (25 pts)
- Create Basic Bathroom (75 pts)
4. Architectural Scale Model Home 200 Points
5. CO2 Dragster 300 Points
- Thumbnail Sketches (20 pts)
- Car Finish (25 pts)
- Rough Sketches (30 pts)
- Craftsmanship & Quality (25 pts)
- Working Drawings (50 pts)
- Overall Car (50 pts)
- Top View (25 pts)
- Average Race times (25 pts.)
- Side View (25 pts)
- Car Body (25 pts)
6. Rube Goldberg – 200 points
Total– 1300 pts.
CO2 Car Instructions & Resources
- Read your steps to completing your CO2 car in the red book & in the link called “CO2 Design Process” on the right side of the page. Begin to get an idea of what you want to accomplish with your car.
- Follow the step by step instructions for your car completion.
- See Mr. K with questions.